Situated on 3 hectares (7.5 acres) of lush forest in the mountains overlooking Costa Rica’s central valley, this boutique mountain resort and retreat/conference center is a profitable business and serves as a complete turnkey operation with well-trained and competent staff.
The existing business on the property functions as an eco-resort and retreat center specializing in yoga, alternative medicine and wellness services.
The resort is located equidistant from the Costa Rican capital of San Jose and the Pacific Coast beaches, specifically 1-hour’s drive West of San Jose, and 1-hour’s drive East of popular beach town Jaco, with access to Costa Rica’s brand new highway, as well as an alternate scenic route featuring some of the country’s most beautiful mountain vistas.
This resort property is ideal as a hotel and retreat center, conference site, destination wedding venue, intentional community, rehabilitation or treatment center, family reunion lodge, summer camp, training facility, or any other personal or professional getaway in tropical paradise.
This premiere meditation, wellness, yoga retreat center includes 10 guest rooms, 3 bedrooms plus den owner’s apartment, kitchen and restaurant with stunning jungle views, swimming pool and one of the best jungle-view yoga structures in Costa Rica.
The five well constructed and maintained duplex bungalows offer ten deluxe rooms, each with own bathroom. Each room provides 2 queen beds, to accommodate up to 40 people for retreats and events.
The yoga deck can support up to 50 people, and provides scenic views of the valley below and mountains in the distance, and includes a small bar and kitchen for refreshments. The ground level floor includes a spacious office, two treatment rooms and an exercise room.
Also on the property are a 2 bedroom caretakers house, a glamping tent, greenhouse, and chicken coup for sustainable living. New owners will inherit decades of medicinal plants, tumeric and ginger (producing hundreds of pounds per year) and over 600 prized, hardwood trees which could be used for building.
There is room on the property to add a house, and also a road facing business like a farm stand. If expansion is desired, properties on each side, are also available for sale by different owners. Water supply, power and internet are all reliable and more than sufficient.
This Costa Rican eco-resort provides a rare opportunity to step into a turn key wellness business for meditation, mindfulness, yoga, private health spa, plus the owners are willing to stay on for a short time to help onboard a new owner.
Or if community living is your thing, this property has all of the amenities to start building upon.
The Resort Features:
Colorful toucans chirping as the Sun rises high over the hills below, white-faced monkeys swinging playfully from branch to branch, gentle breezes rustling the leaves of the ripe mango trees, the tropical forest comes to life around you. Grounded and centered with the jungle’s pristine natural beauty as your guide and protector, awaken your transformative consciousness, and breathing vitality into your soul.
- 10 elegantly furnished casitas, each with private bath and shower; each casita sleeps up to 4 guests with 2 queen beds.
- Infinity-edge pool with lounge chairs and shaded area for relaxing;
- Kitchen and restaurant complete with appliances, dishes and utensils;
- Newly constructed Day Spa, Wellness Center and Fitness Room with shower and two bathrooms; may also be converted into additional workshop or classroom space;
- Expansive teakwood open-air pavilion/conference venue with breathtaking jungle views; ideal for hosting retreats and gatherings of any kind, ranging from yoga, aerobics and dance to weddings, spiritual seminars and professional workshops;
- Established garden areas, dozens of mature fruit trees, and a thriving hydroponic greenhouse provide organic vegetables, fruits and herbs. 1 acre of the land has been reforested with valuable pochote hardwood trees;
- Pure water source on property from abundant mountain spring with well-functioning retaining tanks and irrigation system;
- Comfortable lounge and reception area with balcony overlooking the jungle; perfect area for guests to convene for dining, gatherings of any kind, or to be used as workshop space;
- 3 bedroom / 2 bath home for owners or managers; can also be converted into additional guest space;
- 2 bedroom / 2 private bath staff quarters on-site;
- Hiking trails throughout the property, with access to a mountain creek and panoramic views of the jungle and Pacific Ocean; Wi-fi is available.
- Sustainability features, including on-site fresh water source, solar energy, recycling and composting, as well as fully functional organic and hydroponic greenhouse. Awarded the Certificate for Sustainable Tourism given to distinct hotels by the Costa Rican Institute of Tourism;
- Abundant wildlife for an exceptional Costa Rican experience – white-faced monkeys, jungle reptiles and dozens of species of tropical birds, including colorful toucans and macaws, are seen daily.